One of the most common complaints for those with adrenal fatigue is brain fog. Even as a very common complaint, it is not a recognized illness in traditional medicine. In addition to adrenal fatigue, brain fog is often associated with hypothyroidism, or menopause.
Brain fog is described as confusion, forgetfulness, and difficulty concentrating. Often you may just not feel right, or you may feel a bit spacey. Sometimes people will call this having a temporary “senior moment” where you can’t seem to remember certain things. For instance at dinner you might start to say “please pass the ….” and then you forget either the name of what it is you want or you simply can’t remember what it was that you wanted.
Some of the other symptoms of brain fog include:
1) Horrible short term memory
2) Difficulty with word finding and word substitution
3) Disorientation lasting 30-60 seconds ( You might be driving somewhere and you forget where you are and where you are going)
4) Loss of mental acuity
6) In ability to think clearly
7) A feeling that you’re in a fog or a dark cloud is over your head
8) Decreased attention span
9) Mild depression or anxiety
10) Lack of spatial awareness
11) Difficulty concentrating
12) Lack of focus
14) Spaciness or Absentmindedness
15) Trouble learning new tasks
16) Trouble solving problems
17) Decrease in creativity
18) Decreased mental stamina
All natural diet recommendations:
1) Look for foods high in protein. You may consider supplementing with whey protein to insure adequate amounts of protein daily.
2) Eat lots of green leafy vegetables (the darker green the better).
3) Eat brown rice or winter squash.
4) Eat foods high in omega-3 essential fatty acids i.e. oily cold water fish (albacore tuna, salmon, herring, mackereel, anchovies, sardines), flax seed, walnuts, and eggs.
5) As always, make sure to always have adequate hydration
We really care about our readers getting well, so we rarely recommend any supplements. In the event that we find a supplement that works and contains only the best and purest ingredients available, we almost have to recommend it. Read our supplement reviews to discover why we recommend the supplements that we do. Supplement Reviews